Saturday, May 14, 2016

May Flowers by Power Poppy

Power Poppy's challenge for May is May Flowers.  I love this tulip image and printed it out on cryogen white paper and colored it with copic markers. I used a Cheery Lynn stitched oval die to cut it out and trimmed it in a gold pen.  I added a tulip cuttlebug embossing to the background in pale yellow and attached it to a 5x7 lavender card.  The saying is from Power Poppy's  clear stamp set blooming wonderful.   I used a Sue Wilson die for the saying.  Be sure to check out the gorgeous flower images at Power Poppy.   I used the feather and pearls to cover up where my hand moved and I got some gold on the front of the oval while I was edging it in the gold. You can always find a way to cover a boo boo.!!!!    

6 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Karen your tulips are beautiful. Wonderful soft shading and the textured frame you created is perfect. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing in our May Flowers challenge!

lindagrady said...

Love the coloring on the tulips; so pretty. And I agree, you can always fix a boo boo; almost all the time.

Lisa Lara said...

So beautiful Karen. I just love the colors you used on these tulips.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is beautiful, and I love the soft, gorgeous coloring of your tulips! Beautifully done! Hugs!

Linda Yamakido said...

so so beautiful as usual!

ChristineCreations said...

Love your beautiful two toned tulips Karen! Very fresh and springy! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!