Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cheery Lynn Stained glass doily

I made this beautiful stained glass card for the bling it up challenge on Cheery Lynn Designs.   I started with a 5.5x5.5 card and added a white layer that I used double sided tape on and then covered it with the metallic flakes.  The yellow layer was run through the cuttlebug and then I used the Lilith doily and angel wing, I cut the angel wing from sticker paper and added the doily over the top, then used the metallic flakes over it.  The flower is from Cheery Lynn's
Sweet William and the leaves are Flourish leaf strip and rose leaf strip.  I made a double bow from pale peach silk ribbon and added a couple of gems to finish this card.  It's hard to see in the picture but these metallic flakes are so pretty and shiny.Here is a video tutorial on how to do this metallic flake and make the stained glass look. 

3 comments:

Irina Gerschuk said...

What a nice and elegant project, Karen! I love the combination of dies and sweet soft colors)))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

shulsart said...

Very pretty, Karen, love the sparkle from the metallic flakes. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Such a pretty card with lovely bling accents Karen! Great design and thank you for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week!