Monday, April 2, 2012

Cheery Lynn, make a basket

The challenge on Cheery Lynn's new challenge blog is to make a basket.  This is actually my second basket and I will add the first one below, no matter what we did the photo blurred the flowers on that one.  I just made a square basket and added the beautiful Victorian romance corner flourish, I cut two of them, for the handle.    On the front of the basket I used the fanciful flourish, Cuties 1 for the flower and the base of the flower is from Judy's blooms and leafOlive branches fill in on the right side.  I don't have the CL eggs so I used their scalloped ovals and cut them out of the pretty paper.  Here is the first basket, some of the same dies used in this one also.

5 comments:

Beate said...

Gorgeous basket, Karen!
Hugs and smiles

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Love the Victorian Flourish as the handle; very elegant! The basket is very pretty! Good luck and thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

shulsart said...

Wonderful design, Karen, especially the flourish as the top. Gorgeous flowers and choice of papers. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge blog.

Unknown said...

Great baskets, Karen! I really love the flourish handle - it makes it so special!
hugs,
Gini

Jodi said...

gorgeous basket!!! loooove that you used the flourish for the handle!!! good luck and thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!