Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Flourishes, Beauty of a Fold

This pretty center fold card is for the challenge on Flourishes
I used a Martha Stewart punch for the edges and the 5x5" square, Cheery Lynn Designs stacked doily, scalloped circle and fern dies.  I stamped and gold embossed this all time favorite image of the doves in gold on Poison Ivory paper and sponged tea dye distressed ink around all pieces.  The sentiment is from the same set and I gold embossed it also.    Be sure to stop over at Flourishes and check out the gorgeous creations!!!!  I'm also entering this in the
Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge to use an old stamp, I don't think I had ever used this smaller version of this set. Be sure to check out the DT cards on SSIC also, some beautiful inspiration there.  I just love the elegance of this set and it's still available!!! Hop over to Flourishes to get it before you finish your Christmas cards this year. 

10 comments:

Beate said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I love the image you chose.
Hugs and smiles

Becky said...

This is just stunning! Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Cindy Haffner said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!~

Lovely Linda said...

WOW Karen - this is just stunning! I love the monochromatic look and the way you have used the negative Nestie - thank you for the inspiration! Thanks for joining us this week at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ, we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Jenny Gropp said...

This is beyond beautiful! I love it!

Traci M said...

Flourishes are my all time favorite stamps, and I love the monochromatic look you achieved with your tea dyeing!! Beautiful card, Karen!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ; may your week be blessed!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh my goodness - this is absolutely exquisite!!! Love the elegant monochromatic look of this stunning card!!! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!

Grace said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen! I love the monochromatic tones on this and the image is a favorite for sure! Thanks for joining us at SSIC!

SAMARA said...

omgosh Karen...the top of this card is beyond the beyond! How on earth? It is absolutely lovely. Just gorgeous. Everything about the design on the top speaks sophistication!

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning! Lots of beautiful detail. Thanks for playing at BBB. :)
Hugs~